Phoenix the Vizsla

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Turkey Trip

Phoenix spent Thanksgiving with his dog-sitter while we were at my in-laws in California, so when we got back I felt a little guilty. My own love of turkey compelled me to make a turkey (and stuffing and veggies and gravy...) When I was cleaning up, his cute little face convinced me that he needed to try a little turkey. We've been pretty strict about what he can eat (extremely limited people food), so this was definitely a special treat. I put a few scraps of turkey into his bowl. He gobbled it down. About 30 mins later, he was crashed on the couch. He was acting as if he was drugged. Totally out and snoring. Later in the night (actually early the next morning), he let out a cry in his sleep that woke us up. It sounded like something in between a howl and a bird noise. I've never heard him make that sound. I can only assume that the turkey sent him for a nasty trip in his sleep. Since then, every time he smells us re-heating the turkey leftovers he comes running at full tilt. Needless to say, we've cut him off from his addiction. No more turkey trips!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home